Venue: Council Chamber, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford. View directions
Contact: Tracey Coop 0115 9148277
Declarations of Interest
a) Under the Code of Conduct
b) Under the Planning Code
Councillor J. Stockwood declared an interest in application 18/01750/FUL and advised that he would withdraw from the meeting during this item.
Councillor Brennan declared an interest in application 18/02269/OUT and advised that she would withdraw from the meeting during this item.
The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 11 April 2019 were declared a true record and were signed by the Chair.
The Committee considered the written report of the Executive Manager – Communities relating to the following applications, which had been circulated previously.
19/00412/OUT – Demolition of existing buildings and construction of a residential scheme of up to five dwellings (outline planning permission with all matters reserved) – Chestnut Farm House, Chestnut Lane, Barton in Fabis, Nottinghamshire.
There were no updates reported.
In accordance with the Council’s Public Speaking Protocol for Planning Committee, Allan Kerr (objector (Chair of Barton in Fabis Parish Council)) and Councillor Rex Walker (Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee.
Members of the Committee sought assurance that the proposed development would be sympathetic to its rural location. At the Reserved Matters stage it would be important to ensure there was appropriate landscaping, particularly on the eastern boundary and a high standard of design to mitigate any impact on this prominent site. In addition, members requested that an additional condition be added relating to the submission of details for renewable/energy efficiency and climate change provision and an informative relating to additional landscaping requirements.
GRANT PLANNING PERMISSION FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS SET OUT IN THE REPORT SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. An application for approval of reserved matters must be made not later than three years beginning with the date of this permission and the development must be begun not later than the expiration of two years from the final approval of reserved matters, or in the case of approval of reserved matters on different dates, the final approval of the last such matter to be approved.
[To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004].
2. The development hereby permitted shall only be carried out in accordance with detailed plans and particulars relating to the following items and the development shall not be commenced until these details have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Borough Council.
· A detailed layout plan of the whole site including details of existing and finished site levels and proposed floor levels:
· The siting, design and external appearance of the proposed buildings;
· The means of access;
· Plans, sections and cross sections of any roads or access/service roads or pedestrian routes within the application site, and this shall include details of drainage, sewerage and lighting;
· The layout and details of parking and turning facilities, access widths, gradients, street lighting, surfacing, visibility splays and drainage;
· The finishes for the hard surfaced areas of the site;
· The means of enclosure to be erected on the site;
· Details of refuse storage and collection;
· Details of tree protection during construction; and
· Drainage plans for the disposal of surface water and foul sewage.
[To ensure the development will be satisfactory and in the interests of visual amenity and to comply with Policy GP2 (Design and Amenity Criteria) of the Rushcliffe Borough Non Statutory Replacement Local Plan].
3. Development shall not proceed above foundation level until a detailed landscaping scheme for ... view the full minutes text for item 45.
The report of the Executive Manager - Communities.
No report was submitted.
The meeting closed at 9.07pm.