Venue: Council Chamber, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford
Contact: Tracey Coop 0115 9148277
Declarations of Interest
a) Under the Code of Conduct
b) Under the Planning Code
The minutes of the meeting held on 13 February 2020 were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
The Committee considered the written report of the Executive Manager - Communities relating to the following applications, which had been circulated previously.
As a ward Councillor for East Leake, Councillor Carys Thomas withdrew from the meeting and did not take part in the following discussion.
19/02780/FUL – Front porch; demolition of garage and erection of single storey side and rear extension; roof alterations including increase in height, front/rear box dormer window and roof-lights to front elevation to facilitate accommodation in the roof; external render and timber cladding – 14 Brookside Avenue, East Leake, Nottinghamshire.
A representation from the ward Councillor objecting to the application was received after the agenda was published and was circulated to the Committee before the meeting.
In accordance with the Council’s public speaking protocol Councillor Carys Thomas (Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee.
The Committee considered whether obscured glazing could be provided to the bathroom window that opens on to the new flat roof extension by way of an additional condition.
GRANT PLANNING PERMISSION FOR THE REASONS SET OUT IN THE REPORT SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS.
1. The development must be begun not later than the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
[To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act 2004].
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
REV A_(08) 001 - O.S. SITE LOCATION AND LAYOUT
(08) 004 - PROPOSED GROUND FLOOR LAYOUT
REV A_(08) 005 - PROPOSED FIRST FLOOR LAYOUT
REV A_(08) 006 - PROPOSED ELEVATIONS
[For the avoidance of doubt having regard to policy 10 (Design and Enhancing Local Identity) of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy and Policy 1 (Development Requirements) of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies]
3. The materials specified in the application shall be used for the external walls and roof of the development hereby approved and no additional or alternative materials shall be used.
[To ensure the appearance of the development is satisfactory and to comply with policy 10 (Design and Enhancing Local Identity) of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy and policy 1 (Development Requirements) of the Rushcliffe Borough Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies.]
4. The flat roof area of the single storey rear extension hereby approved shall at no time be accessed and used as a balcony/roof terrace.
[To ensure the appearance of the development is satisfactory, to protect residential amenity and to comply with policy 10 (Design and Enhancing Local Identity) of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy and policy 1 (Development Requirements) of the Rushcliffe Borough Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies].
5. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (No.2) (England) Order 2008 (or any order revoking and re-enacting that Order with or without modification) no additional windows, doors or openings of ... view the full minutes text for item 15.