Venue: Council Chamber Area B, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford. View directions
Contact: Martin Elliott 0115 9148511
Appointment of Chairman
Councillor Combellack was appointed as Chairman for the meeting.
The sub-committee considered an application for a Premises Licence at The Griffin Inn, Main Road, Plumtree, NG12 5NB and relevant representations.as a result of objections to the application having been made.
Mr Mike Nickson of Inn Confidence Ltd addressed the sub-committee to present the applicants case and amended the operating schedule so as to add the following:-
“There shall be no regulated entertainment or external speakers operating in the outside area at any time.”
Mr S Brook, Mr R Eaton and Ms A Weir addressed the sub-committee to present their cases.
It was RESOLVED that a Premise’s Licence for The Griffin Inn, Main Road, Plumtree, NG12 5NB be granted subject to the following conditions.
1. A CCTV system with recording equipment shall be installed and maintained at the premises. Cameras shall encompass all ingress and egress to the premises and all areas where the sale/supply of alcohol takes place. Equipment shall be maintained in good working order and: be of evidential quality and reproduce coloured images in all lighting conditions, particularly facial, indicate the correct time and date, be retained for 31 days, sufficient staff will be trained to use the system, the original images will be made available for inspection immediately upon request to officers of Responsible Authorities. Copies of the recordings shall be provided in a format which can be viewed on readily available equipment without the need for specialist software.
2. A bound and sequentially paginated refusals book or electronic record shall be kept at the premises to record all instances where admission or service is refused.
· Such records shall show:
· The basis for the refusal;
· The person making the decision to refuse; and
· The date and time of the refusal.
Such records shall be retained at the Premises for at least 12 months, and shall be made available for inspection and copying by the Police or any other authorised person upon request.
3. All members of staff involved in the retail sale of alcohol shall be fully trained. The training shall be on going and each member of staff shall be reviewed every six months. All details of the level of training will be recorded in an electronic or paper record. This information shall be made available for inspection and copying by the Police or any other authorised person immediately on request and all such records shall be retained at the premises for at least 12 months.
4. Challenge 25 posters will be displayed in prominent positions.
5. A Challenge 25 or similar policy will be implemented and enforced at all times. Any person who appears to be under 25 years of age shall not be allowed to purchase alcohol unless they produce an acceptable form of photo identification. (e.g. a passport or driving licence, Military ID or PASS accredited card.)
6. After 23:00hrs until close of business there will be no consumption of food and or drink in the outside areas to the front, the car park areas and rear beer garden. The ... view the full minutes text for item 2.