Venue: Council Chamber, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford
Contact: Tracey Coop 0115 9148277
Declarations of Interest
a) Under the Code of Conduct
b) Under the Planning Code
There were no declarations of interest.
The minutes of the meeting held on 16 January 2020 were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
The report of the Executive Manager – Communities is attached.
The Committee considered the written report of the Executive Manager - Communities relating to the following applications, which had been circulated previously.
As ward Councillors for Cotgrave Councillor Richard Butler and Councillor Leo Healy withdrew from the meeting and did not take part in the following discussion. The Vice-Chairman took the Chair.
19/02209/FUL – Construction of 4 no replacement retail units following demolition of the existing run of retail units approved under prior approval 19/01047/DEMOL, with associated access, parking and hard and soft landscaping – Cotgrave Shopping Centre, Candleby Lane, Cotgrave, Nottinghamshire.
In accordance with the Council’s public speaking protocol Councillor Richard Butler (ward Councillor) addressed the committee on behalf of an objector.
GRANT PLANNING PERMISSION FOR THE REASONS SET OUT IN THE REPORT SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CODNITIONS.
1. The development must be begun not later than the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
[To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act 2004].
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the following approved plans:
3522 01C SITE LOCATION PLAN
3522 02L-SITE BLOCK PLAN
3522 03J-PROPOSED FLOOR PLANS
3522 05D PROPOSED ELEVATIONS
3522 06 PROPOSED CGIS 1
3522 07 PROPOSED CGIS 2
3522 12 Proposed Context Elevations
Proposed External Levels CGP4-BSP-ZZ-XX-DR-C-210 P4
Swept Path Analysis CGP4-BSP-ZZ-XX-DR-C-SK03 P2
Proposed drainage layout CGP4-BSP-ZZ-XX-DR-C-240 P4
Design and access statement, Tree report, Historic Environment Desk-Based Assessment, Cotgrave Shopping Precinct,
Phase 2 Ecological Appraisal, Drainage Strategy,Car Parking Appraisal, Transport Statement
[For the avoidance of doubt, in the interest of amenity; and to comply with Policy 1 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies].
3. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be brought into use unless or until enhancements to the two bus stops on Candleby Lane (RU0338 and RU0835 ) have been made to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority, and shall include a real time bus stop pole & display including associated electrical connections, enforceable bus stop clearway and lighting in shelter at stop RU0338 and a real time bus stop pole & display including associated electrical connection, raised boarding kerb and enforceable bus stop clearway at stop RU0835.
[To encourage the use of buses as an alternative to the car; and to comply with policy 1 of the Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies)
4. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be brought into use until the widened vehicle access onto Candleby Lane shown indicatively on drawing 02 Revision L is available for use and constructed in accordance with the Highway Authority specification to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority.
[In the interest of highway safety; and to comply with policy 10 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy and Policy 1 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies].
5. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be brought ... view the full minutes text for item 11.
In accordance with the Council’s Constitution, the Chairman closed the meeting at 10.20pm and all remaining items were adjourned to the next Planning Committee, to be held on Thursday 12 March 2020.