Venue: Council Chamber, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford
Contact: Tracey Coop 0115 9148277
Declarations of Interest
a) Under the Code of Conduct
b) Under the Planning Code
Councillor B Gray declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 22/00011/FUL and would remove himself from the discussion and vote for this item.
The minutes of the meeting held on 10 March 2022 were approved as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
The report of the Director – Development and Economic Growth.
The Committee considered the written report of the Director – Development and Economic Growth relating to the following applications, which had been circulated previously.
As Ward Councillor for East Leake, Councillor C Thomas removed herself from the meeting and did not take part in the following discussions or votes on the first two items.
21/0287/FUL and 21/02993/RELDEM – (i) Demolition of existing shed. Construction of new detached garage, new access to include new driveway, alterations to front boundary wall including partial demolition and new dropped kerb – (ii) Partial demolition of front boundary wall – 1A Station Road, East Leake, Nottinghamshire.
An additional representation was received after the agenda had been published and was circulated to the Committee before the meeting.
In accordance with the Council’s Public Speaking Protocol for Planning Committee, Mr W Brown (Applicants Agent), Mr C Robinson (Objector), Councillor L Taylor (Parish Councillor) and Councillor L Way (Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee.
(i) 21/02987/FUL - PLANNING PERMISSION BE GRANTED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
[To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act 2004].
2. The development hereby permitted must be carried out strictly in accordance with the following approved plan(s)/drawings/documents:
· Application Form received 18 November 2021
· Flood Risk Assessment received 22 November 2021
· Proposed Garage Plans A-004B received 4 January 2022
· Design and Access Statement received 4 January 2022
· Planning Statement received 6 January 2022
· Proposed Site Plan A-003G received 6 January 2022
· Garden Wall Plans and elevations A- 005A Received 6 January 2022
[For the avoidance of doubt having regard to Policy 10 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy (2014) and Policy 1 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies (2019)].
3. The development hereby permitted must be undertaken in accordance with the brick and tiles indicated on the application form and approved plans. The coloured finish of the timber shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to the development proceeding beyond the damp proof course level. In respect of the boundary wall to Brookside traditional matching materials should be used where it is not possible to use the originals. The development must only be constructed in accordance with the approved materials and colour finish.
[To ensure the appearance of the development is satisfactory having regard to policies 10 (Design and Enhancing Identity) and 11 (Historic Environment) of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy (2014); Policies 1 (Development Requirements) and 28 (Conserving and Enhancing Heritage Assets) of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies (2019) and Chapters 12 and 16 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2021)]
4. The development hereby permitted must not proceed above the damp proof course level until details of the existing hardsurfaced ... view the full minutes text for item 33.