Venue: Council Chamber, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford
Contact: Tracey Coop 0115 9148277
Declarations of Interest
a) Under the Code of Conduct
b) Under the Planning Code
As Ward Councillor for Radcliffe on Trent, Councillor Roger Upton declared an interest in the application 21/00195/TORDER and noted that he would not take part in the debate or vote.
The minutes of the meeting held on 13 January 2022 were approved as a true record of the meeting and were signed by the Chairman.
The report of the Director – Development and Economic Growth.
The Committee considered the written report of the Director – Development and Economic Growth relating to the following applications, which had been circulated previously.
21/03091/FUL – Demolition of garage. Erection of two storey side extension and single storey rear extension. Loft/roof extension to rear, side dormer with glass light well, external alterations include application of timber cladding (part-retrospective) – 38 Glenmore Road, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, NG2 6GH
There were no updates.
In accordance with the Council’s Public speaking Protocol for Planning Committee Councillor P Gowland (Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee via .
PLANNING PERMISSION BE GRANTED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS.
1. The development must be begun not later than the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
[To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act 2004].
2. The development hereby permitted must be carried out strictly in accordance with the following approved drawing(s):
· 0021-1000 – Location Plan, Block Plan & Proposed Site Plan received on 6 December 2021;
· 0021-01001 – Existing and Proposed Rear Landscape Layout received on 6 December 2021;
· 0021-1125 – Proposed Ground and First Floor Plans received on 6 December 2021;
· 0021-1126 – Proposed First Floor and Roof Plans received on 6 December 2021;
· 0021-1275 – Proposed Elevations received on 6 December 2021.
[For the avoidance of doubt having regard to Policy 10 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy 2014 and Policy 1 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies 2019]
3. The bricks used in the construction of the exterior of the two-storey side and single-storey rear extensions hereby approved must be similar in appearance to the bricks used in the exterior of the existing dwelling. The construction of all other external elements of the development hereby approved must be carried out in accordance with the materials specified on the approved drawings referred to in condition 2 of this permission.
[To ensure the appearance of the development is satisfactory having regard to policy 10 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy 2014 and policy 1 of the Rushcliffe Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies 2019]
21/03091/FUL – Change of use of 2 agricultural barns to 1 dwelling house and swimming pool, associated external alterations including roof alterations, installation of solar panels, insertion of doors and windows (part retrospective) – Soho Bonington 40 Melton Lane Sutton Bonington Loughborough Nottinghamshire
In accordance with the Council’s Public speaking Protocol for Planning Committee Mr Philip Rowland (agent for applicant) and Councillor M Barney (Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee.
PLANNING PERMISSION BE REFUSED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. The proposals would result in significant alterations to the buildings, which, when considered cumulatively, are tantamount to the construction of a new building in the countryside. The proposals would not therefore comprise of the re-use and adaption of existing buildings and would therefore be contrary to paragraph 79 of the NPPF ... view the full minutes text for item 27.