Venue: Council Chamber, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford
Contact: Tracey Coop 0115 9148277
Declarations of Interest
a) Under the Code of Conduct
b) Under the Planning Code
There were no declarations of interest.
The minutes of the meeting held on 11 February 2021 were voted as a true record of the meeting.
The report of the Executive Manager - Communities.
The Committee considered the written report of the Executive Manager - Communities relating to the following applications, which had been circulated previously.
20/02623/FUL – Erection of an equestrian stable block, with outdoor manège, associated car parking and access. Stable block with eight stable pens, hay store and tack room, used as a full livery yard. (Resubmission) – Land West Of Pasture Lane, Sutton Bonington
An additional representation from the applicants agent and two objectors were received after the agenda was published and was circulated to the committee before the meeting.
In accordance with the Council’s public speaking protocol for planning committee, Andrew Dennison (Applicant’s Agent), Cllr Kevin Jackson (Objector – Sutton Bonington Parish Council) and Councillor R Upton (acting as Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee.
PLANNING PERMISSION BE REFUSED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS
1. The proposed development would be accessed via a shared highway and public bridleway that is substandard in width and in a poor condition. The proposal would result in increased vehicle movements and an intensification of the use of Pasture Lane, leading to further degradation of the highway and bridleway. The width of the highway is insufficient to allow a two-way flow of traffic. The proposed development would therefore be served by an unacceptable highway access to the detriment of highway safety and public amenity.
2. The proposal would be contrary to Policy 1 (Development Requirements) of the Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies, which states that permission for new development, changes of use, conversion or extensions would normally be granted provided that, inter alia;
“a suitable means of access can be provided to the development without detriment to the amenity of adjacent properties or highway safety and the provision of parking is in accordance with advice provided by the Highways Authority;"
As Ward Councillor for the following application, Councillor C Thomas removed herself from the meeting and did not take part in the following discussion.
20/02632/REM – Application for approval of matters reserved under application ref 17/02292/OUT relating to appearance, landscaping, layout and scale for the erection of 195 dwellings with associated access, landscaping, open space and drainage infrastructure. – OS Field 8500 Partial, Lantern Lane, East Leake
An additional representation from the applicant/agent and two objectors were received after the agenda was published and was circulated to the committee before the meeting.
In accordance with the Council’s public speaking protocol for planning committee, Helen Dawkins (Applicant), Lloyd King and Cllr L Taylor (Objectors who split their allocated 5 minutes), and Councillor C Thomas (Ward Councillor) addressed the Committee.
APPROVAL OF RESERVED MATTERS BE GRANTED FOR THE APPEARANCE, LANDSCAPING, LAYOUT AND SCALE OF THE DEVELOPMENT SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
1. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and documents:
• Site Sections EL-SITE SECTIONS
• Affordable Housing Plan EL-AH-01
• Finished Floor Levels (1 of 3) 20055-100 Rev. C
• Finished Floor Levels (2 of 3) 20055-101 Rev. C
• Finished Floor Levels ... view the full minutes text for item 9.